About Blue Cross Complete
Blue Cross Complete of Michigan is a nonprofit corporation and independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Contracted by the State of Michigan to provide medical services to eligible Medicaid beneficiaries, Blue Cross Complete arranges for the provision of covered services to members in Livingston, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
Our Board of Directors is:
- Nancy Wanchik, chairperson
- Jeffrey Connolly, vice chairperson
- Joleen Immerfall, enrollee member
Our quality improvement programs help doctors give you appropriate care. Blue Cross Complete gives you information about these programs and our clinical practice guidelines. For disease and health information, contact us.
Notice of privacy practices
Our privacy practices comply with regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). They apply to all Blue Cross Complete of Michigan members.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF) tells you that:
- We won't use your protected health information for marketing communications except where the law permits.
- You have the right to be notified if there's a security breach that involves your protected health information.
- We won't use or disclose genetic information for underwriting purposes.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to make a written request for an electronic copy of information that we keep in a designated record.
- We won't use or disclose your protected health information in any way other than those described in our Notice of Privacy Practices unless we have a signed authorization.
For more information about your privacy rights, or to get our privacy forms, contact us or visit our Protected Health Information and Privacy Forms page.